January 18, 2011

Lamps

I've been dreaming about the wierdest things lately. Fortune cookies, cows, cows eating fortune cookies,
Hippies on trucks getting high on trucks and other just bizarre things. But when I woke up and as the fragments of my dream came back to me I just laughed about my insane brain. But the day I dreamt of you I woke up and.I just sat in bed trying to remember it all, going past the words and the thoughts and the colors and the feelings over and over again. You were Something that had been in my mind so constantly that you had actually set up a permanent residence there, and yet it was the first time you appeared in my dreams. And you were just so real. I thought I had forgotten how you looked like, only a little hint of your eyes left in my mind. But there you were, right in front of me. And even though you stood there wordlessly (sucking on a lollipop nonetheless), it was you. And I knew that if I reached out I would have been able to touch you, my fingers remembering your skin, would have held you and kept you there, never letting you go ever again.
I've heard a theory before, but knowing all the theories I've heard, it's probably shit. It was something like if a person appears in your dream, it means that some part or them is missing you, Maybe it's just Bon iver and st. Vincent getting me sentimental, and even though I am so, so happy to see you happy, that little hope that you, untouchable and so far away, actually thinks about me sometimes when you're doing that not sleeping thing you do. Even though I am but me, with little else to offer.

No comments: