I woke up this morning 4 minutes and 37 seconds before my alarm rang. The world was dark and blurry and everything was still. I lowered my eyelids and tangled my toes in the creases of blanket, it felt delicious. Everything started flooding back into my mind, and I picked them apart with the tips of my fingers. Deep breaths, in and out, in and out, the morning air tasted sweet on my tongue, fresh, unrecycled, new. I reintroduced my memories like carefully crafted stories to my mind.
Embedded dents from where my head laid all night, warm to touch and heartbreaking to leave. I thought of the day i was going to have, and of all the things that happened in the span of the last few day. I didn't feel sad, though there was a quiet warmth that spread down my insides.
You're being irritatingly melodramatic.
And then the alarm went off. All that in 4 minutes and 37 seconds. Get up now darling, the world beckons.
..
Weiann
No comments:
Post a Comment