November 6, 2011

Horizon

Things I did today:


I laid on the wooden bench, face tilted skywards. Told myself to memorize this moment, the blue of the swimming pool and the stench of chlorine. Felt oddly comfortable. Traced the line where the earth met the sky. felt like some character from a Rachael Yamagata song, getting all sentimental about the horizon. Instantly felt stupid about having though that. Mumbled whispered lyrics of long loved songs, out of luck and out of tune. thought about a certain boy. Promised myself that I wouldnt think about him. Broke that promise a few moments later (damn those McFly songs he somehow snuck onto my IPod) Laughed at myself out loud. Received weird glances from passer-bys in unsuitably tight swimwear. Smiled as I realized that I don't mind thinking about him at all, it didn't make me feel heavy anymore. Promised myself that I was going to remember this liberation. Felt wise. Immediately felt silly again.



Felt rather at peace.

No comments: