February 22, 2012

All I've Got


Take me by the hand, and take me places I don't know.

--

These past few weeks have been, mind numbingly busy. I've been relying on caffeine, cheese and fear to keep my engines running. But it's the good kind of hectic, I suppose. Because I'm busy doing things that I love. I'm writing.

There's been a huge ass elephant in the room that's been occupying my mind for the past month or so. The starstruck job. It's a writing gig for the star's stuff@school pullout, with a big mystery prize waiting at the finish line for a select few. And the most amazing part is that I actually made the cut. I'm part of the 40-something writers and 20-something ambassadors that have been scouted from all over the nation. There have been some minor panic attacks, but all is fine so far. Being busy with assignments and interviews is something I can handle, it's enough to know that I'm getting somewhere with this.

What's more, I have met so many new people through this program. They are amazing, though that just makes the fact that I am in a bloodthirsty competition with them to get our work published even more terrifying. But hey, no pressure. *click click* Right now, all is well and the sun is shining. The year has been amazing so far. I can already see myself looking back on these tearful sweat soaked days and getting all sentimental and sniffly. Well, onwards we go-




-weiann

No comments: