I feel uncomfortable talking about this.
There are all these things on the Internet, "my perfect guy will ditch his best friends to be with his girl, give me his favorite shirt, tell me that the only girl who he will love after me is our daughter" and many, many other rather creepyly detailed fantasies of the teenage female. Although I have to admit I get a little soft sometimes and think, oh. That would be nice. I don't really want to set that kind of boundaries. All these over the top romantic, totally weightless words. They taste bland.
My guy.
I don't think I know him yet. But this is the guy that's going to flip me inside out. Spin my head in circles and do all the other things you read about in those horrible chick lits. We'll probably fight a lot. He'll make me cry and I'll say awful things to him and its not going to be pretty. But he'll be the one that, for the first time in the world, actually makes me feel like all that is worth it. He'll make me forsake my ego. He'll be the one I use the L-word to without feeling queasy inside. And I have a horrible feeling he's going to be shorter than me. But most importantly, he will love me (ew) and I will love him (EW) and that's all that really matters. (EWW.) I can't wait to meet him.
No comments:
Post a Comment